Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Snitel

If I ever want my kids to eat Romanian food, all I have to do is make snitel.  2 weekends ago, a made it for us for the first time and I barely got any dinner - he and the kids ate it quicker than the kids could pronounce it.  Tonight was my turn; I made twice as much, just in case. 


Possibly the easiest meal I will ever make, but also one of the most time consuming.  I don't fry anything ever, so this is something I wont' make frequently (much to everyone else's dismay!), but it is definitely one i will make again.


Snitel de porc

Ingredients:
Pork cutlets
Breadcrumbs
2 eggs
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
oil (I use sunflower)

Directions:
Using a mallet, pound pork cutlets as thin as possible, without them falling apart. Set aside
In a bowl, beat eggs with a little water; set aside.
In a shallow bowl or tray, mix breadcrumbs with the spices (to taste).  Set aside.


Assembly line fashion, dip each pork piece in the egg/water mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.  Set aside on a plate.  I like to have all of mine dredged before frying.

Heat oil over medium heat.  Fry each piece  for 1-2 minutes per side, or until the pork is cooked through.   Drain on paper towels.

Serve with mashed potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment