Tuesday, January 3, 2012

La multi ani


We spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home cooking together.  Working more on the amandina, and I made my first attempt at savarine New Year's Day.  

I've realized that I will be spending the rest of my life chopping vegetables into little pieces.  I think I spent over an hour just chopping on New Year's Eve.   I chop veggies anyhow, but I'm not precise and methodical about it, not the way you have to be when you make things like salata de boeuf ...



which is misleading because we forgot to buy beef so really it is salata de pui.  I've helped A make it for the past few years, but I was determined to make this one completely by myself.  I am pretty pleased with how it turned out! And in case you can't tell, that's supposed to b a shooting star.  The one we made for Christmas was a lot prettier --


Usually, A just makes geometric designs, but I was feeling all inspired on Christmas morning and started a snowman.  He did make sure his tree was geometric :) 

Dinner was ghiveci, something I've never had before.  A keeps saying he made it, but I distinctly remember browning the meat, sauteing the onions and garlic, chopping the veggies by myself.  Hmmm ... He did add the crushed tomatoes and the herbs though because I was busy chopping more vegetables for my salata.


No comments:

Post a Comment